Best WordPress Membership Plugins That Do Not Cost Heavily
Do you want to create a fully-functioning membership site with WordPress? Then here are the best WordPress membership plugins for 2019 which can help you to turn out your website into a money generating machine.
in our previous articles, we have talked about The Best WordPress Backup Plugins For 2018 but today we are going to discuss Best WordPress Membership Plugins.
With the use of these best WordPress membership plugins, you can get a proper way to monetize your website.
What actually the membership plugins do?
Usually, the visitors come and go to your website.
Some of the visitors like to visit your website regularly and become loyal to your site.
So it comes in your responsibilities to provide them a proper way so that they can easily visit your website and get notifications about new posts.
For this, you can provide have to area to the visitors where they can become your regular visitors.
Thankfully, there are the best WordPress membership plugins that can help you in this regards.
In the market for plugins, there are many WordPress plugins that can help you to associate a membership site with your website but not all of them have satisfactory membership subscription features.
There are many membership plugins that allow selling subscriptions on a single level and also some of the plugins allow diverse membership level.
There are also some plugins that allow you to slowly release the content to the subscribers while others only allow releasing the hidden content to the member subscribers.
There is another thing that you have to mention first, the payment gateways.
Either you want to accept credit cards only, PayPal, or both.
Make sure that your membership plugin has the feature to support your payment gateway.
After knowing the basic information about the plugins, now we’ll move to know about all the necessary features of these best WordPress membership plugins.
Try these also:
- How To Add Taxonomy Images In WordPress?
- How To Add Autocomplete For Address Fields In WordPress
- Download 5 Best LMS Plugins For WordPress
- How To Update URLs After Moving WordPress Site
This is an easy WordPress membership plugin that will help you to add more users which can easily access the content of your website.
With this plugin, you can definitely create, manage and track membership subscriptions and sell your products.
- This plugin is very simple and easy to set up. It means users can easily associate a membership site with WordPress
- It will automatically setup pricing, login account, and Thanks pages for the users
- It can manage a huge number of members
- It has a diverse access control which offers you to restrict the access of any content of your website
- It offers content dripping. With the content dripping feature you can restrict any content for a specific time period
- It has versatile integration with many web hosting services such as AWeber, MailChimp, and Blubrry
- It provides multi-level access to the members and the members can have access to every content that will be allowed by you
- It also offers countless pricing pages
- It has built-in support for PayPal and Strip as payment gateways
- It offers 14-day money back guarantee
- MemberPress offers limited payment gateways options. It means the web owners from such countries that do not support these payment gateways cannot use this plugin
- It does not have enough integration with the third party web-hosting services
- The most important disadvantage of this membership plugin is that its annual billing makes it little bit expensive over the time because it offers Basic Edition in $119/year, Plus edition in $239/year, and Pro edition is $359/year
Click here to download and install MemberPress
Paid Memberships Pro: A Complete Membership Solution
Paid Membership Pro is the most popular membership plugin on our list of best WordPress membership plugins.
It is a sophisticated and fantastic tool with lucrative features.
If you are a beginner you can start its free plan to test its features.
Let’s have a proper look at its pros and cons:
- It offers a trial version to test. Initially, you can use its trial version to check all its features. You can also check how it makes your website worthwhile
- Unlike MemberPress, This plugin offers many payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Cyber Source, Authorize.net, Braintree, and 2Checkout
- You can also add another payment gateway that is not available in the list of this plugin
- Here in this plugin, many add-ons are available for free and paid integration which can be used to connect with the third party tools such as MailChimp, Kissmetrics, and AffiliateWP etc.
- A plenty of extensions are available as add-ons for this membership plugin. With these add-ons, you can use many advanced features for your website
- With this plugin, you can easily set up different levels of membership
- This plugin is a little bit complex to use. It means that the beginners can feel difficulties while using this plugin
- For the use of plus add-ons, you have to buy their PMPro Plus plan which adds more expense in your budget
To download and install Paid Memberships Pro click here
Restrict Content Pro: A Full-Featured, Powerful Membership Solution
When you need a professional membership plugin for your website, Restrict Content Pro is the best choice for many plugins. It is a simple membership plugin which you can use with ease.
If you explore the list of best WordPress membership plugins you’ll find Restrict Content Pro on top.
So let’s have a brief look at its pros and cons:
- As this plugin is created by some professionals, they give the users the best membership plugin with user-friendly interface
- For integration, you don’t have to pay extra to buy add-ons because this plugin has built-in integrations
- It has integration with Stripe, PayPal, MailChimp, MailPoet, email manager, CSV export, and many more
- Payment gateways for free are Stripe, PayPal, and Braintree. Others are also available with low price 2Checkout, PayPal Website Payments Pro, PayPal Express, and Stripe Checkout
- There are free documentation is available for the users
- It is responsive and provides excellent support to its users
- Although it offers many integrations, still they are not enough to use with a website
- Its prices ranging high as it offers single site license is $99, five sites in $149. It also offers $249 for unlimited add-ons and you can get a lifetime price plan in $499
To download and install Restrict Content Pro click here
Paid Member Subscriptions: A joy to Setup and Use
Do you want a full featured WordPress membership plugin?
If yes then use Paid Member Subscriptions plugin to your website.
I highly recommend this membership plugin to many users.
Basically, it is a free plugin but when you got to use some advanced features you have to pay for it.
For example, when you want to use the content dripping feature you will be asked to pay for it.
After the payment, your plugin will be upgraded automatically and you can easily use the advanced features of it.
Now look at its pros and cons which make you able to get understand with this membership plugin:
- It can manage a huge number of users with ease
- It provides navigation menu filter which allows members to see the content that is allowed to them
- Content dripping can be used to release the content for a specific time to the users
- It accepts payments with PayPal Pro, PayPal Express Checkout, and Stripe which shows its versatility
- It also provides facility to offer discount codes to the users when they promote to the higher membership level
- Annual payments make it very expensive as it offers two pricing plans
- Hobbyist: this offer is available in $69/year and it contains the use of the single site with WooCommerce integration. It also offers 5 extra add-ons to use which are Global Content Restriction, Discount Codes, Email Reminders, Navigation Menu Filtering, reCaptcha
- Pro Version: Its pro version is available in $149 which offers use on unlimited websites with unlimited PayPal standards and WooCommerce integration. It also offers five add-ons and five pro-add-ons which are Recurring Payments for PayPal Standard, Paypal Pro & PayPal Express, Stripe, Content Dripping, Multiple Subscriptions per User
For more information about Paid Members Subscription click here
S2Member: A Powerful Membership Plugin
It is an easily configurable and highly extensible WordPress membership plugin.
The downloadable files can be easily protected with this plugin.
Make a quick look at its pros and cons:
- s2Member base plugin is free for all users. It means that anyone can easily download it and give it a try. Although it offers limited features with this base plugin, but these features are enough to check it out
- it offers content dripping facility which is used to restrict the specific content of a website
- It supports PayPal Pro Version, Stripe, and Authorize.net as payment gateways
- It provides integrations with MailChimp, bbPress, and BuddyPress
- There are free documentation is available for the users
- Its interface is not easy to use, so it is not for the beginners to use with their websites
- In its free version, the features are limited. For example, only PayPal is allowed for membership level 4
- Other than the free version, its pro version costs $89 for a single site and $189 for unlimited sites
With the plenty of knowledge about all the best WordPress membership plugins, now you become able to choose the best one for your WordPress website.
MemberPress is a better membership plugin for beginners. It contains all the needed features for monetizing a website. it also offers some free add-ons which make it more diverse.
The second best option is Restrict Content Pro which provides a very simple interface to use with because this plugin is given by some professionals. Basically, it is a simple membership plugin which is also better for the beginners to use.
All other listed best WordPress membership plugins are also well with their performance which can help you while making your website a money generating machine.
If you have a good experience with any other plugin, do not forget to share with us.