Block Websites Show Notifications in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Want to turn off website notifications in windows? Find how to disable web notifications in chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
Are you annoyed from “websites show notifications” and finding a solution of “how to Block Websites Show Notifications in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
Then don’t go anywhere
Here below we have a solution for you to stop show notifications from websites nowadays.
Previously, we have discussed How To Change The Icon For A Certain File Type In Windows and How To Create A Restore Point In Windows 7, you must read out.
Today every web browser in the software market shows the feature of showing notifications to the users. It is a useful feature of the browsers but sometimes these notifications have become annoying to the users.
Many times some pop-ups appear to ask to show notifications on the desktop.
To get rid of these annoying notifications, you have to turn off website notifications windows 10, 8, 7, Xp or disable them.
Then, here is a quick way that tells you “how to disable web notifications Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox”
Block Websites Show Notifications in Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer as a web browser and you are annoyed to get frequent notifications on your PC’s desktop, you should follow the given guidelines to disable these notifications.
- Open Internet Explorer on your PC
- Go to the Tools (Press Alt+t, in internet explorer 11 windows 10)
- Now go to Interner Options > Privacy
- In a pop-up blocker section, you have to click on Settings button
- A new window will appear where you have to uncheck the option “Show notifications when a pop-up is blocked”
Now, you have learned “how to disable web notifications in Internet Explorer” and your browser will not show any notification to you on your desktop.
Try these also:
- How To Restart Windows’ Explorer.Exe Using Taskbar And Start Menu
- How to Add Control Panel Shortcut to Windows 10 Right Click Menu
- How to Take Screenshot of Complete Webpage With One Click
- How To Make Adobe PDF And Sumatra PDF Readers To Restore Last Opened Files
- How To Access The Most Recently Opened Documents In MS Word 2016
Let’s proceed the article further to “turn off chrome notifications in Windows 10”.
How to Block Websites Show Notifications in Google Chrome
Nowadays, Google Chrome is a very popular web browser among all the browsers. To “turn off Chrome notifications in Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP” you have to read the following steps.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to find and click on “Show advanced settings” which is available at the bottom of the page
- Now tap on “Content Settings” which is available in the section of “Privacy”
- Go to the notification category and check mark “Do not allow any site to show notifications”
- If you want to allow some sites to show notifications, you have to go to “Manage Exceptions” there will be a list of the sites which you allow to show notifications. Even a single site can be allowed to show notifications.
That’s it, you have done the job to “disable web notifications in Chrome” and you would not get useless notifications from your web browser.
Now let’s proceed to “turn off Firefox notifications in Windows 10” and other versions
How to Block Websites Show Notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, you cannot get access to “disable web notifications in Firefox” directly from the main window of the browser.
So, if you need to “disable web notifications in Mozilla Firefox” you have to type “about:config” into the address bar of the Mozilla Firefox.
After pressing “Enter” button you will get a warning message. This message warns you when you enter into the “about:config” page. Here, you have to click on “I accept the risk”.
- “Abou:config” window will appear in a separate tab
- In the search bar type “Notifications”
- An option “dom.webnotifications.enabled” Double click on it
- After double-clicking on the above-given option, notifications of Mozilla Firefox will be set as “false” which means that “web notifications are stopped from Mozilla Firefox”
- “Website notifications in Mozilla Firefox are permanently disabled”. You even cannot allow any single website to show notifications
That’s it, you have done the job to “disable web notifications in Mozilla Firefox”.
Now, let’s proceed to the “turn off Safari notifications in Windows 10”.
How to Block Websites Show Notifications in Apple Safari?
Safari is well popular web browser among many users. It has its own unique features but many are common with other web browsers. If some sites need to show notifications, firstly they ask for permission from Safari browser. If you want to reach this option, you have to follow the given instructions.
- Go to “Safari > Preferences”
- Click on “Notifications” tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and unmark the option “Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications”
- A window will appear where you can manage the websites to show notifications
- In the future, you can also change this option as well.
That’s it for “how to turn off website notifications in Apple Safari using windows 10”
Now, let’s proceed with the “how to disable web notifications in Microsoft Edge”.
How to Block Websites Show Notifications on Microsoft Edge
In this web browser, Microsoft does not allow to stop these notifications directly or indirectly. To turn off website notifications in Microsoft Edge, just click “Block” you can get rid of these push notifications.
This is it to about “how to turn off website notifications windows 10 using Microsoft Edge”.
Well, this is all about “how you can block websites Show Notifications in Chrome, Mozila Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge” using Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP.
This is all up to you whether you want to “disable web notifications in chrome” and other webs browsers or allow it to get updated always by their regular updates.
Hopefully, you get help from this article “how to turn off website notifications in Windows 10”. If you have your experience different than this, you can share your views here in the comments section.