Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016
Are you facing issue about Microsoft Word recent documents not showing? Here is a quick way “How to Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016”
Most of the people are finding “How to Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016” When they are working on a thesis or lengthy documents, probably they need to open some documents again and again.
It will be time wastage if you start those documents from the beginning. After reading this article you can open the last documents you were working on.
The methods are explained below:
Try these suggessions by The Fanman Show:
- How To Take Screenshot Of Complete Webpage With One Click
- How To Restart Windows’ Explorer.Exe Using Taskbar And Start Menu
- The Best Free iTunes Alternatives For Windows And IDevices
- How To Schedule Your PC Shut Down At Night (But Only When You’re Not Using It)
Method#1: Creating a Separate Shortcut If Word Recent Documents Not Showing!
A specific switch is used to make a separate shortcut that will definitely help you to “Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016”.
To create the shortcut to the MS Word, you need to navigate the following directories according to the version of MS Word
Microsoft Word 2013
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office15\WINWORD.EXE
Microsoft Word 2016
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE
You must have the knowledge to use Program Files (x86) in the path if you are using a 32-bit version of MS Word on 64-bit Operating System. In case of other Operating Systems you can use program files and follow the steps:
- Right-click on the WINWORD.exe file
- Select Send to option in the appeared sub-menu
- Go to the Desktop (create shortcut)
- Right-click on the newly created shortcut
- Go to the properties
- In the Target box, place the cursor at the end of the given path
- After giving a space write the following code
- Press OK and save the changes you made
- Change the title of the shortcut icon for your ease
- Double click on the shortcut icon and all “office 2016 recent documents locations” will appear
That’s how with the method #1 is used to “find recent documents in word 2016”
Method#2: Use of Run Dialog box If Word Recent Documents Not Showing
This method will also help you when facing an issue “word 2016 recent documents not showing”, then proceeding with this method is a complete support to “find recent documents in word 2016”
If you don’t want to add another shortcut icon on your desktop or you don’t have enough space to add another shortcut icon, use Run Dialog Box.
Search/Cortana box is also a fine replacement of Run Dialog Box. To enable the Search/Cortana box to enter the following code into the box.
In case of Run Dialog box, Press Window key+R and write the given command and press OK
That’s how with help of method #2, a list of “office 2016 recent documents locations” will appear which may work for you to make you more progressive.
We have discussed an issue about Microsoft Word recent documents not showing? and found a solution with the best possible techniques “to Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016″
If you find this article on “How to Access the Most Recently Opened Documents in MS Word 2016” effective for you, must share it with your friends and response us via comments.