Facebook Messenger Payments – Learn how to send money on Facebook and how to request money on Messenger. Seeing no payment option in Messenger, Facebook money transfer limit and how does Messenger Pay works?
You might be thinking what is Facebook Pay? How do I send money through Facebook and how to receive money through Messenger? Is sending money through Facebook safe?
Then you are at the right place
Because we are going to clear every doubt in your mind regarding Facebook Pay and sending and receiving money via Messenger, Instagram, and Whatsapp.
We’ll also cover up various issues like, no payment option in Messenger, why can’t I receive money on Messenger, Facebook Messenger money transfer limit, is sending money through Facebook Messenger safe, how to add a debit card to Facebook Messenger, how to request money on messenger, international money transfer, what are Facebook payments and how does Messenger Pay work and more.
Just you need to keep reading the article and you’ll completely understand everything involved between how to send money on Facebook and how to receive money through Messenger.
Before taking a start from what is Facebook Pay and how does Messenger Pay works, there is something interesting you must know that
What to Know:
- Now send and receive money to your loved ones free of cost by using the Facebook feature “Facebook Pay” through Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger Payments need a debit card on both ends of the transaction. But these are free services to use that use PIN-based protection and “industry-leading security.”
Facebook gives complete control of accounts to its users and they can do a range of changes to secure their Facebook account from hacking. Facebook is fully secured and even a normal account cannot be hacked but if you left a clue for the hackers then your account may be RIP.
You are allowed to create pages and groups and should connect with your friends and family. You can even earn money from Facebook Page Likes and Groups.
Well, here’s how to get started:
What is Facebook Pay?
Facebook Pay is a payment system to facilitate Facebook payments across, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp to send and receive money to friends, shop for goods, and even donate.
Facebook Messenger Pay is using Stripe, PayPal, Visa Card, Master Card, Amex, Discover, and other processors to handle payments.
If Paypal is not allowed in your country then here are the best PayPal alternative to send and receive online payments.
How does Facebook Pay Work?
- Make purchases from the Social Media’s Family apps.
- Send payment to your Messenger contacts
- Purchase digital gift cards
When you make transactions or send money on Facebook Messenger Pay, you are not charged even a penny. The service is totally free.
Security and Protection
The app is fully safe and secure, you can enable secret conversations on Facebook Messenger that will be end to end encrypted.
Facebook Messenger Payments are secure and protected. When you send money on Facebook or request money on messenger, your transactions are secure with:
- An anti-fraud feature that actively monitors all the suspicious activities
- Data encryption has been enabled to protect your payment details
- Biometrics and PIN features are added for extra security
Here’s how does sending money on Facebook works?
You will need to set up a Facebook Pay account on Facebook and Messenger to send and receive money.
How to Setup Facebook Pay Account on Messenger?
1. Open Messenger Chats and tap on your Profile Picture
2. Go to Account Settings
3. Choose “Facebook Pay” in your Settings
4. Add payment details, such as debit card, credit card, or Paypal to make and receive payments or purchases on apps.
5. After adding the Payment details, you need to complete the payment setup.
- You can also add authentication in payments by using a PIN, Add Finger Print, and Enable Face Recognition to Facebook Pay while making the payments
- View payment history, manage payment methods, and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the United States
How to Setup Facebook Pay on Facebook?
You can create a Facebook Pay account on the app and then easily send money through Facebook messenger and the app itself. Here’s how you can set up a Facebook Pay account.
1. Click the three parallel lined icon from the upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Go to “Settings & Privacy” then choose “Settings.”
3. Then click “Facebook Pay.” Under the Account Settings
4. Click “Add Credit or Debit Card” or “Add PayPal.”
Once, you have provided all the necessary detail just tap the Save button. Your transaction history, including sending and payments made via Messenger, will start showing under payment method.
Ways to Pay on Facebook Pay
Facebook Pay is rolling out in the US and to a small set of countries and apps, however, they have a plan to make it available to more countries and apps worldwide. Check Facebook Pay availability in your country
Right Now, Facebook Pay is only available on Facebook and Messenger in the US, and some other countries where you can pay directly from your favorite apps:
- Facebook Messenger
How to Receive Money on Facebook Messenger?
How to receive money on Messenger or Facebook app if someone has sent it to you.
First of all, you’ll receive a notification in the notification icon and if your debit card or PayPal account is already linked, then Messenger will send the money right away.
If you haven’t set up your Facebook Pay Account, then you’ll have to first provide card details to receive money from Facebook. Once that’s done, the funds will directly be sent to the checking account linked to your debit card.
So, it’s better to set up a Facebook Pay Account first and then start sending money through messenger and receiving of course.
To Receive Money on Facebook Messenger
If you’ve already added a debit card to your account, any money sent to you is automatically completed and you don’t have to do anything. Anyway, here’s how to receive money on messenger:
- Open Messenger
- Tap the conversation containing the money.
- If you have already set up Facebook Pay Account in the Payment Settings then the money will directly transfer to your linked bank account or PayPal account right away.
- If you haven’t set up your Payment Settings in the Facebook Pay account then you’ll tap Add Debit Card in the conversation and add your debit card to receive money on Messenger
- If you already have a debit card or PayPal account linked, or have received money through Messenger or Facebook messages before, the money will be transferred right away to the card or account on file, but your bank or PayPal may take up to 3-5 business days to make it available to you.
If the ($) sign in messages is grayed out or missing, or you don’t have access to Payments in messages, please complete this form
Remember that Facebook does not hold onto the money, but your bank might take 3 business days to show the payment in your account.
Now, let’s find out how do you receive money on Facebook messenger
How to Use Facebook Messenger Pay?
Here is Dachia Arritola trying to explain how to receive money on messenger from your friend
That’s how easy to request money on Facebook for your friends, family, and business payments.
How to Send Money through Facebook Messenger?
The best thing about Messenger is that you can install it without having a Facebook account. So, just browse Google Play Store or Apple AppStore and install the Messenger app on your smartphone. Once you have installed it then you can easily send money via Facebook Messenger.
So, to send money on Messenger or app, follow the procedure below:
- Open Facebook or Messenger App
- Open a chat with the person you want to send money to.
- Tap/Click the Pay tab and enter the dollar amount you want to send (For Example $50).
- Tap/Click Pay and wait for completing the transaction and it will be sent in a few seconds.
Here is what “Kate McLaughlin” telling the shortest method of sending Facebook Messenger payments to your loved ones using Facebook Pay.
That’s how easy to send money to someone through Facebook to your friends, family, and to business payments.
Now, let’s understand how does Messenger Pay works?
How to Request Money on Facebook Messenger?
Here’s is how do you request money on Facebook Messenger
- Open Messenger
- Tap on the Profile icon on the top left corner of the app
- Scroll down and tap on “Payments”
- Tap add a new debit card (if you haven’t already added it)
- Tap and select any option from “New Debit Card” or “PayPal”
- Fill in the required information to add the card
Once you have linked up and added a debit card or a PayPal account, you are ready to “Pay” or “Request” funds and donations to/from your loved ones.
- Now, Go back to the Messenger Profile page and search for the person you are requesting money from in your Friends List or tap on your desired friend’s conversation
- Once the person name comes up tap on the name
- Tap on the Plus Sign at the bottom left corner of the app
- Move the very top row left or right on the screen until you see the “Payments”
- Tap Payments
- Enter the amount you are requesting
- To request money on Facebook Messenger, make sure you tap on “Request”. If you select “Pay” then you are paying to that person.
There you go, you have successfully sent a request to send money through Facebook Messenger, the other person will receive the request and follow up.
Here is KahindoTech a famous YouTuber is explaining how to request money on Facebook Messenger:
Facebook Pay Across All Apps Future Plan
Facebook Pay is currently not available on
But is on the list of Zuckerburg’s further plans.
Facebook Pay on Facebook and Messenger
Users can “send money through Facebook messenger and Facebook app” using “Facebook Pay” for:
- Shop on Facebook Marketplace for great deals on your favorite brands
- Donate for “Facebook Fundraiser”, support charities, non-profits, or personal fundraisers
- Getting entertainment regarding purchase games, tickets to events, or premium content on Facebook Watch and person-to-person payments on Messenger and purchases from select Pages and businesses on Facebook Marketplace.
- Split the bill with your best friends seamlessly and securely by sending a message
Facebook Pay on Instagram and WhatsApp
Facebook Pay is currently not available on Instagram and Whatsapp. However, you will use Instagram and Whatsapp to send and receive the money quickly and securely for:
- Shop from your favorite brands without leaving the Instagram app
- Support a cause you love and donate money with Instagram donation stickers
General Terms and Conditions
You need to follow the following terms and conditions to “send money through Facebook messenger”:
- Facebook Messenger payments are absolutely free whether you send or receive
- Service is smoothly working in the USA only
- To send or receive money, you need a U.S. bank-issued Visa or MasterCard debit card or a PayPal account
- The currency must be in US Dollars
- The user must be 18 years old to get this facility
- You can use the Facebook and Messenger app or on a desktop PC for sending and receiving money on Facebook Messenger Pay.
- To check your current option for currency go to Facebook Settings >> Payments >> Account settings >> Preference
- In the Preference menu, select US Dollars
- This service uses a PIN code method for the protection
- The Facebook messenger must be updated
Facebook Messenger Payments Review
|Transfer Speed:||1 day|
|Minimum Amount to Transfer:||1|
|Maximum Amount to Transfer:||9999|
|International Transfer Fee:||N/A|
|International Transfer Fee ($):||N/A|
|Processing Commission Range:||0|
|Processing Fee Range ($):||0|
|Premium Processing Fee:||N/A|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee:||N/A|
Pros & Cons of Facebook Payments
- Transfers are free
- The recipient’s banking information is not necessary
- Transfers have to be funded and received by a debit card.
- Only U.S.-to-U.S. transfers are allowed
- The recipient must have a Facebook account
How to Create a Facebook Pay Account on Facebook Messenger App
To “send money on Facebook Messenger”, you need to create a Facebook Pay account and enter your bank account details:
- Open Messenger
- Tap on the Profile icon (your profile picture) at the top left corner of your iPhone (iOS)
- Now scroll down and tap on Account Settings
- Tap Payments
- Enter your Credit or Debit Card or add PayPal account information there. Add a security PIN code, enter order information and delivery address, contact information, currency, etc.
How to Create Facebook Pay Account on Facebook App
- Open Facebook App on your iPhone, Android smartphone, or using a desktop PC then Update Your Payment Settings
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner of the phone screen
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the “Settings & Privacy” then tap Settings
- Tap “Payments”
- Enter your Credit or Debit Card or add PayPal account information, security PIN code, order information and delivery address, contact, and currency, etc.
Once you have successfully created Facebook Pay Account, the next process is to send money on Facebook Messenger and receive if someone has sent you any funds and donations.
How much money can you send with Facebook Payments?
Facebook Money Transfer Limit varies on various conditions, however:
- You can send $9999 within 30 rolling days via Facebook Messenger Payments
- You can also receive $9999 within 30 rolling days through Facebook Messenger Payments
Why Can’t I Send Money On Messenger?
If you are unable to send and receive money on Facebook, then the following errors may be the core reasons:
- If the receiver’s Debit Card is not added to Facebook Messenger the transaction will be disabled
- An issue can occur to your Debit Card
- Link down
- Insufficient balance
- For further queries, you can contact your bank
Are Facebook Messenger Payments Safe?
- Facebook doesn’t advertise any guarantee for sending business payments
- Once you have sent the payments, you cannot cancel, rather the receiver can cancel the payments if there is found error.
- You should not use Facebook Messenger for payments on buying eBay and Craigslist
- You must establish a PIN for Facebook Messenger Payments
- To use Facebook’s payment system safely, avoid clicking on links from people you do not know or pay people you have not met in person
No Payment Option in Messenger
Are you seeing no payment option in Messenger, then don’t worry and don’t look more to find this option because Facebook Messenger Payments are not available in your region/country. The facility for Facebook Messenger Payments is only available in the USA, UK, and France only. While Facebook money transfer internationally will be soon be provided with the passage of time.
How Long Does Facebook Money Transfer Take?
Facebook says that once your friend has sent money to your account using Facebook Messenger Payments then it will reach your account immediately after your friend Hit “Pay”. However, if there are any issues from the bank side, your payments may reach your account within one to three business days.
When will Facebook Pay be available?
Facebook is rolling out Facebook Pay in Messenger and Facebook in the United States on 12 November 2019. It isn’t revealing exactly when the payment feature will be available across all of its apps – let alone when it will launch internationally.
Which payment methods are supported?
Users from the United States can use Facebook Pay with PayPal or debit and credit cards
Can you pay with PayPal on the Facebook marketplace?
You can use the following payment methods to buy items with checkout on Facebook or Marketplace
- Credit card
- Debit Card
Regions Where Facebook Pay is Accessible
United States of America, North America, Africa, Europe, and many countries have the Facebook Pay feature. Now, Facebook is expanding Messenger payments across many regions and countries across the globe. Here’s is a complete list of countries and regions where Facebook Pay is available.
10. Facebook Payments Support Center
We have learned How to send money on Facebook and request money on Messenger. Here is a short summary:
- Facebook Messenger Payments are totally free.
- You can send money on Facebook and then request money on Messenger.
- To send and receive Facebook Messenger payments, you need to create a Facebook Pay account.
- You will have to add payment details to your Facebook Pay account to send and receive money via Facebook.
- Facebook’s money transfer limit is $9999 within 30 rolling days via Facebook Pay.
- If you can’t send money on Messenger, then the receiver hasn’t yet added the card details, or there may be a link down or something else you need to find out.
- If you see no payment option available then the Facebook Pay service is not available in your region
- Facebook Messenger Payment accepts Credit Card, Debit Card and PayPal as a payment method
It’s a bit easy process of how you can send money on Facebook Messenger and then receive accordingly if someone has sent it to you. You have the “Facebook messenger payments review” and know every single aspect to make your mind about the payment method whenever sending money through Facebook Messenger s to anyone.
We have also put light on how does messenger pay works. You can send money via Facebook and receive money on Messenger quite easily.
We have also tried to cover up about sending money through Facebook is safe or not? However, Facebook claims that all the information is encrypted while sending and receiving payments on Facebook. Facebook has hired David Marcus, the former head of PayPal for the preparation and encryption of Messenger payments. Facebook says that it separately deals with Facebook Messenger Payments from the rest of the Facebook network.