Solution: When WordPress Permalinks not Working in WampServer
Are you fed up by the Permalinks error 404 in your WampServer or localhost. Here is the solution for your issue with 4 simple steps.
In previous articles, we have discussed various WordPress topics such as:
- How to Create a WordPress Blog Step by Step
- How to Install WordPress with WampServer on Windows PC?
- How to Install WordPress in Other Languages – Multilingual WordPress Installation
- How to Reset WordPress Admin Password on Localhost?
- How to Allow Visitors to Add Favorite Posts in WordPress Blog
But, today we will discuss a permanent solution for an issue when WordPress permalinks not working 404 error.
Let’s start the solution when requested URL was not found on this server WordPress localhost
Step 1. Go to WampServer
Step 2. Click on Apache
Step 3. Then go to Apache Modules in the submenu
Step 4. Scroll down to find and select the rewrite_modues
Now check your permalinks structure, hopefully, it will be in a working condition.
This is how to solve the issue when the requested URL was not found on this server WordPress localhost.
We have discussed a solution when WordPress permalinks not working in WampServer. I hope that this article will help you a lot. If you like this article “WordPress permalinks not working 404” then share it with other bloggers and WordPress publishers who are using WampServer as localhost.