Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins 2018, You Must Try
Table of Content
If you are thinking to build your business online, you are on the right way to find out some best WordPress eCommerce plugins 2018.
Here are the best WordPress ECommerce plugins which will help you to grow your online shopping cart business.
It is really critical to select the best WordPress ECommerce plugins because a better platform can create more opportunity for any business.
Basically, ECommerce plugins provide a platform for any business on the Internet for WordPress sites.
However, there are many WordPress ECommerce free plugins available on Internet but not all are having same features for ECommerce WordPress sites.
For example, some ECommerce plugins are best for selling food items online. Similarly, some ECommerce plugins are best for selling digital products.
In short, every ECommerce plugin has some worth for which it is programmed. And also, there are such ECommerce plugins that are available for multiple businesses.
On the selection of best WordPress ECommerce plugins, you have to be very careful to know all of their features and supports.
For example, you have to choose the ECommerce plugin that also supports the payment gateways which you want to use for your online business.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to search for an ECommerce plugin which contains all of the features for proper online business dealings.
You have to make sure that the ECommerce plugin that you are going to select for your site must support most of the add-ons so that maximum number of features can be used with the use of single ECommerce plugin.
Here, in this article, I’ll share with you some ECommerce plugins with every single detail that will help you to decide the best ECommerce plugins for your business.
The Fanman Show Recommendations:
So let’s start discussing the best WordPress ECommerce plugins:
Woo Commerce is one of the most popular and best WordPress ECommerce plugins that is widely being used by many website owners.
It supports a huge number of add-ons which loaded it with a bundle of features to grow an online business.
There are also many themes available for Woo Commerce WordPress plugin. So, Woo Commerce should be your best choice as it can be used with any kind of ECommerce website.
It has also a large number of community and developers.
Let’s have look at its pros and cons:
- It is a free WordPress ECommerce plugin that is being used in millions of ECommerce websites
- There are hundreds of themes and add-ons that can be used with Woo Commerce plugin
- As it supports huge number of themes and add-ons, its interface becomes very simple and easy to use with ECommerce sites
- Woo Commerce powers 30% of all ECommerce sites that is more than any other ECommerce plugin
- It used for both physical and digital products to sell online
- It also allows selling affiliate goods from online market platforms
- There are more features available in its premium versions such as booking offers, memberships, and subscriptions
- There is also a discount option available for subscribers
- Woo Commerce supports almost all popular payment gateways
- You can calculate taxes and shipping charges with this ECommerce plugin
- For Woo Commerce, there is excellent documentation available
- Helpdesk and community forums are also available which can help you get user’s experience about your products
- However, Woo Commerce is simple to use but the new user find it a complex one because of the availability of huge number of options
- Because of large number of add-ons availability, sometimes a user may not get the proper addon that is required
Shopify is another very fantastic WordPress ECommerce plugin that is widely installed all over the world.
After the Woo Commerce WordPress ECommerce Plugin, this is the highly rated plugin for ECommerce websites.
It is used to sell digital products on Social Media, online store, or at any Internet website. it provides all basic and enhanced features for online buyers.
It also provides well-integrated services.
All other pros and cons are given below:
- There is no need for technical experience to use Shopify WordPress ECommerce Plugin because it is easy to install and use.
- It is integrated with all popular payment gateways
- It automatically handles shipping and taxes
- It provides you a complete inventory management
- You can also add the payment buttons with Shopify such as the Facebook store, Buyable Pins on Pinterest, and Twitter Buy Buttons etc.
- Shopify charges you a monthly fee if you use this platform to sell your digital products which is comparably a little bit expensive.
- Shopify offers to use Stripe as your payment gateway. If you go to use any other payment gateway it will charge you.
WP eCommerce is oldest WordPress ECommerce plugin that is used for the purpose of selling online.
It is providing services since 2006.
It has more than 30 thousand active installations which not less than any other popular plugin for WordPress sites.
Normally, it is used to sell digital downloads, physical inventory, or subscriptions and memberships.
- You can customize this WordPress plugin according to your own need
- It is fully integrated with all popular payment gateways
- Built-in marketing tools are available which help you to sell your digital products with extra charm
- All orders and other catalogs are managed with its powerful tools
- It also provides you the integration with other WordPress plugins
- It provides an easy way for shipping because it is also integrated with many courier services.
- It does not contain all the features as Woo Commerce offers
Easy Digital Downloads is WordPress ECommerce plugin that is best to sell digital products online.
It offers very powerful and functional features for creating a digital store.
Let’s have a look at its pros and cons:
- It is specifically programmed to sell digital products with all essential features
- You can easily figure out how you would add the digital product and how it will be downloaded by your customers
- Its interface is easy to understand
- Many extensions are available on the Internet to support this plugin
- It is a versatile plugin that can be used with any theme of WordPress
- You can have free support for this amazing plugin
- It is only designed for digital goods. If you need to sell nondigital goods you’ll face it a complicated plugin
- To sell out affiliate or external products you’ll need to install a third party addon which might be very expensive
Shopp is an exemplary WordPress plugin that is being used to sell online products.
It is also the best contender which I included on the list of best WordPress ECommerce plugins.
Let’s have a look at its pros and cons:
- Separate tables for database is used in this plugin to make easy queries and fast page load speed
- It supports to sell out multi-products online
- It provides special attention to the security which means it can be used without any fear of data theft because it is designed to be PCI compliant.
- There is no free support forum available for the users of Shopp WordPress plugin which is most important disadvantage of this plugin
- However, it works for all WordPress themes but it does not support any external customized theme to run
6. Market Press
Market Press is an amazing WordPress ECommerce plugin that is being used to sell multiple online products.
It is a completely free plugin that offers the features like a premium plugin.
It supports all type of products that you can sell online.
- It allows all type of products and supports all sizes and shapes
- You can easily sell affiliate products using Market Press as your ECommerce plugin
- It is fast selling WordPress plugin for eCommerce
- There are lots of add-ons that support this ECommerce plugin
- It supports 15 most popular payment gateways
- You can choose your default currency among 120 currencies that are supported by this plugin
- It is easy to set up with built-in wizard
- You can make variety of coupons and pricing plans according to your own requirement
- It is also integrated with many WordPress plugins that can be helpful for online selling products
- You can add Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest buttons with this plugin
- You can work flawlessly using Market Press WordPress ECommerce plugin
- However, Market Press is very fine WordPress ECommerce Plugin but it is not so easy to use especially for beginners
- It is time-consuming WordPress plugin in a way to understand its interface
After knowing much about “best WordPress ECommerce plugins” we can conclude that Woo Commerce is the best one for any ECommerce site.
The beginners can also get it easy.
If you are dealing with only digital products Easy Digital downloads is the best choice for you.
If you are not a beginner and you want the powerful pack of features, go for Market Press to use it as your ECommerce plugin.
If you are using any other WordPress ECommerce plugin for your business, share your precious experience with us via comments.