How to Download and Install iOS 13 on your iPhone and iPad
Patience is over now, the Apple has finally released the iOS 13 today (09/19/2019). Now you can download and install iOS 13 on your iPhone, iPad and on iPod Touch easily.
Three months ago, Apple has introduced the iOS 13 Beta for testing purpose and the iPhone users are now quietly contented with this update. This is why Apple has finally released the iOS 13 final version. Now you can download and install iOS 13 on your iPhone and iPad with a few simple steps.
iOS 13 Features
The iOS 13 is fully enriched with:
- Dark Mode for beautiful and splendid look (manually enabled)
- Photos and Enhanced Gallery for Auto-Playing live photos, Contextual transitions, Smart photo previews, Filter control
- with Zoom in and zoom out
- Screen recordings smart album, Music for Memories, Search enhancements
- Camera – Adjust Portrait Lighting intensity, High-Key Mono and Updates to Portrait Segmentation API
- Enhanced Privacy and Security in App location permissions, App location transparency, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth location privacy enhancements
- Sign in with Apple ID – Built-in security and Hide Email
- Improved Maps, HomeKit, Siri, ShortCut, HomePod and AirPod
And there are numbered various enhancement and improvements in Apple iOS 13
iOS 13 Compatible Devices
Before downloading and installing iOS 13 on your iPhone and iPads, let’s first check iOS 13 supported devices.
Let’s start checking with the:
IOS 13 Compatible IPhones
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
IOS 13 Supported IPods
- iPod Touch 7th Generation
IPad OS 13 Supported IPads
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 10.2 iPad (7th generation)
It’s Time to Take Back up using iCloud Before iOS 13 Installation
Here’s how you can take iPhone backup using iCloud
- Connect with a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings and then tap on your name or Profile Picture
- Tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup
- Tap on Back Up Now
Check whether iPhone backup is complete or not
Setting > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and then tap on your device from the list.
How to Take Backup on Mac Running MacOS Catalina
Here’s the easiest way to take backup of your devices with the Mac running macOS Catalina.
Make sure the MacOS Catalina is up to date then;
- Connect iPhone with the Mac
- Follow the onscreen instructions and enter your device passcode to Trust This Computer
- Open Finder app and select your iPhone from the sidebar
- Go to the General tab, press “Back Up Now”
How to Take Backup of Your iPhone with iTunes
Here’s how to take back up of your iPhone with the help of iTunes before installing iOS 13 on your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone with computer and launch iTunes. Then click on the iPhone icon to access your idevice.
- Select the Summary tab and then select “This Computer” as the location for the iPhone backup and hit “Back Up Now”
- Go to Edit, select Preferences Menu and then select Devices tab. Here you’ll see a list of all iPhone backups.
- Control-click/right-click on the latest backup you made, and select Archive from the menu. This will prevent subsequent backups from writing over this version.
How to install iOS 13 Using iTunes
Here’s how to install iOS 13 using iTunes on a computer or Mac having Windows 10, 8, 7 or XP or any iOS
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- Connect your iPhone to your Computer
- Launch iTunes
- Click on the iPhone icon to select your iPhone then click Summary and there click on Check for update or Update if iOS 13 is already listed as available.
- The iTunes will start downloading the iOS 13 update, once completed Click on Install when asked if you want to install the download.
- Agree to Apple’s terms of service.
- Enter your iPhone passcode
Once you’ve done this, the iOS 13 will begin installing and your device will reboot to start updating.
How to install iOS 13 Using iPhone
Once you have taken backup of your iPhone, now you can download and install iOS 13 on your iPhone without any hassle. Here’s how to download and install iOS 13 using your iPhone over Wi-Fi.
The iOS 13 size is approximately 1.73GB and it can take a few hours to download and install depending on your Wi-Fi speed.
- Tap on Settings and select General
- Tap on Software Update
- if the iOS 13 is available to you then tap “Download & Install”
- Enter your passcode and then agree to Apple’s terms and conditions.
Wait a few hours and your iPhone will download the iOS 13 automatically and once it is downloaded it will ask you to install now or later. You must tap on Install now. Your iPhone will start installing iOS 13 on your iPhone.
Finally, you have downloaded and installed the latest iOS 13 on your iPhone with and without the help of iTunes.
Share this article “how to download and install iOS 13 on your iPhone and iPad” with your friends and family who are eager to install the latest iOS 13 on their iDevices and ask them to take backup of their iPhone and iPads with iTunes first and then try to Install.
How you find this article helpful?
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below and also share it with your social community on social media