Huawei P9 A Comprehensive Review
The Huawei P9 smartphone is featured with luxuries of elegant design, innovative camera setup, and longtime battery backup but with an issue of heavy Emotion UI.
Huawei is a trend making electronics company in the world which usually presents unique featured devices like Huawei P9. This is nothing but a cell phone full of facilities which are required by the consumers. One thing which shows its uniqueness is its dual camera with sensor applications. This camera is basically designed with the co-work of Leica (a German Electronic firm). A genuine style and design prove that Huawei is very keen to keep the needs of the consumers in an eye. All the features of Huawei P9 mobile are comparable with Huawei P9 Plus, Huawei P9 Nougat, and Huawei P9 Prezzo. These mentioned mobile phones are luxurious categorized sets which are known for high prices but Huawei P9, Various times luxury is supposed for some mobile phones but in the case of this set the luxury comes automatically.
Here, our team of “TheFanManShow.com” is presenting a full detailed Huawei P9 review which helps you to find this Huawei mobile best among all.
Pros and Cons of Huawei P9 Mobile Phone
There are many pros and cons of this unique device but some are special which are mentioned below:
- Dual lens Rear-facing Camera with variety of shooting modes
- Luxury design
- Low-cost luxury mobile phone
- extendable storage media
Everything has some pros and cons which make the things better to use. So some cons of the P9 are given below. All the cons are taken by the comparison of other luxuries Huawei Mobile Phones.
- A bit slower responsiveness of the touch sensors
- Awkward location of the fingerprint scanner
After discussing the pros and cons of the set we are going to describe all the major features of the Huawei P9 mobile phone which generally leads you to buy a luxury and affordable mobile phone.
Shape & Design:
The first thing which attracts you towards this handset is its shape. Huawei P9 mobile phone is a thinner one which beautifies its features.
Front of Huawei P9:
- It looks as thin as any mobile set can be
- Its size is standard which makes it comfortable to hold
- Its screen size is 5.2″ with 1080 pixels display
- Huawei P9 is thinner than iPhone 6S
- A small sized light present at the top of the set which emits red, green and white pulses
- These red, green and white pulses are the visual alerts of the notification of different kinds
- A small speaker is also attached with the lights
- Glass of the screen is beautifully banded with the metal coated cover
- 8 MP camera is present at the front of the phone which makes your selfies more clear and beautiful
Huawei P9 Back View:
- A metal coated back cover holds two cameras inside it with LED flashlights
- Fingerprint scanner is present right down the dual camera
- Very smooth back cover makes the set more beautiful
- All the notifications of the scanner can be displayed and finished with the help of a single swipe
- Although it is an irritating to have scanner at the back but it is quite helpful in some situations
- Huawei P9 has USB port, Nano SIM slot and micro SD card slot at one side
Dual lens Leica Camera makes Huawei P9 more beautiful with its features. High Definition (HD) pictures and videos are the basic functions of this marvelous electronic piece. With no doubt, it is a killer of DSLR.
- Each lens of the camera contains 12 Mega Pixels
- Perfect camera to take videos and pictures in bad light conditions
- It has wide focal range
- Depth perception is very clear
- Manual and Auto modes are available to take pictures in all conditions
- Auto mode is faster to take pictures with clear and perfect color contrast
- Just with a screen tap you can adjust the focus and drag pulls
- The aperture mode is wide due to the dual lens fitting
- Fuzzy blur and sharpness are so strong to beautify the images
- It can be used as professional camera but do not compete them
- Editing facility is available
- Small size images can also be taken for Social Media sharing purpose
- Perfect color saturation scheme
- It gives unfocused images sometimes with bad light conditions which may alter its attractions
- Like other cameras in the smartphones, it produces quality of images in daylight
- A decent stuff of the pictures can be obtained by the camera of Huawei P9
- It brings low-fuss in the images
Operating System and Other Software:
EMUI of this phone is Android 6.0 which sometimes becomes a barrier rather than a helper. At some moments it is not user-friendly software as compared to other smartphones. Someone can say that the features of Huawei P9 are not strong as its camera.
- Best touch sensors which make the screen more attractive
- Clean-up facility which kills the apps being used
- Phone manager will communicate in case of more battery usage
- Some apps are dark in a first sight of the screen which makes it hard to see them
- Users can not pause the sound with one app when more than one app are sounding. It might be a con
After revising the features of the software of Huawei P9, it seems that Huawei takes its hardware more serious than the software. Although the software is not so much odd but sometimes it seems irritating to use.
Performance & Processor:
The performance of this mobile Phone is outstanding as compared to other smartphones of this kind. Processing speed depends upon the primary memory and cache of the device and this device has best both of them. Many apps can be controlled at the same time.
- it has 8 Core processor and 3GB RAM
- it does not get slower with heavy games and videos
- it doesn’t heat up with heavy colored games and Internet usage
- Its battery is 3000 mAh which is enough to use a complete day with normal usage point of view
- Extremely light usage will keep the battery alive for a week
- Huawei P9 is available with two types of built in memory 32GB and 64 GB
- The microSD card can be extended up to 128GB
- One can extend memory up to 192GB (64GB+128GB) which is more than many notebooks
- It doesn’t support Android Marshmallow’s adaptable storage
- Apps, pictures, and videos can be stored and installed easily on the microSD card as in a Phone’s built-in memory
- File transferring is very easy
- There are minor complaints about the storage of Huawei P9
Huawei P9 All Features
|Operating System||Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Processor||2.5 GHz Quad core cortex A-72 and 1.8 GHz Quad core cortex A-53|
|Dimensions||145 × 70.9 × 7mm|
|Camera||12MP(Back) 8MP(Front) with dual LED flash|
|Display size||5.2″ , 1080×1920 pixels|
|Display colors||IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touch screen, 16M colors, Multitouch, Corning Gorilla Glass4, Emotion UI|
|Operating Frequency||GSM :850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G Band||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100|
|4G Band||LTE Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300)|
|Available colors||Rose Gold, Haze Gold, Prestige gold, Ceramic White, Titanium Grey, Mystic Silver|
|Connectivity||BT4.1, USB, WLAN, GPRS, EDGE|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, gyro, Fingerprints, Proximity and Compass|
|Prices 64GB/32GB in Pakistan||Rs.53999 / Rs. 46999 Respectively|
|Prices 64GB/32GB in India||INR. 68,071 / INR. 39,999 Respectively|
|Prices 64GB/32GB in UK||£650.06 / £389.99 Respectively|
|Prices 64GB/32GB in USA||$623.37/ $427.72 Respectively|
Actually, Huawei is improving its abilities about the battery P8 was introduced with 2600 mAh battery but P9 has 3000 mAh. Day by day Huawei is improving its electronics devices especially mobile phones. It seems that in the next 10 years Huawei will compete with iPhone and Samsung which are the world leading mobile phone companies.