Here, in this article I will guide you how to minify these files which surely increase the performance and speed of your site.
Moreover, some professional bloggers think that small amount of performance and improvement can be achieved by minifying these files. Only few kilobytes data can be minified from the blog which does not have much worth.
For example the normal CSS code is given as:
The above example shows that only few bytes can be minified which improve the performance of the blog in fraction.
Here is our main content in which you can get the ways to minify the useless characters, white spaces and unwanted lines from the source codes of the files.
- First of all, install and activate Better WordPress Minify To get more information about this plugin CLICK HERE. This BWP Minify plugin will keep the source codes in cache and serve the minified version to the browsers.
- In the admin bar of your blog there will be added a new menu called BWP Minify
- Click on BWP Minify and page settings will appear as shown in the below screen shot
- There will be first two options on the settings page which minify the CSS and JS files automatically
- After check marking these two options, you need to click on Save Changes button which save what you done on the settings page
- In Advanced Options tab you can make changes according to your needs otherwise default options also work better for the blog
- Now, go back to your blog.
- Click anywhere on the blog, a sub menu will appear from which you need to select View Page Source
- After clicking on View Page Source an HTML source code of the blog will appear in front of you
- You will notice that HTML code will be minified by the Better WordPress Minify plugin
I hope this article will help you to minify HTML/CSS/JS files in your WordPress blog. After minifying these files you can share the performance of your blog with us via comments. If you find this article very helpful, you can share it with others.