Disable Blog Features in WordPress
Table of Content
Sometimes, the bloggers want to disable blog features in WordPress So these can be disabled/deactivated if it is not workable to the provided content.
For example, when you build a website in WordPress which is not a blog, you should deactivate the features of WordPress and convert the WordPress a non-blogging CMS platform.
You can disable features without involving into the codes.
In this article, you will get to know the useful guidelines to disable the features of WordPress.
Learn How To Add Taxonomy Images In WordPress? click here
Top Reason to Disable Blog Features in WordPress?
If you planned to build a website in WordPress, you are going into a right path. Any type of website can be built in WordPress that means the blogging features of the WordPress are not much required all the time. If your site is not a blog, you must have to disable the blogging features of WordPress.
After disabling the blogging features, if needed, they can be reactivated from the admin area of the website because these blog features remain in the admin area after deactivation. This thing can confuse the new users of the WordPress.
So, if you are building a website in WordPress, you need to guide your clients well about these features.
Steps to Disable Blog Features in WordPress:
Carefully read the below, given steps to deactivate all blogging features in WordPress. These steps are:
- At this primary stage, Install and activate the Disable Blogging in WordPress Plugin. If you want to download this plugin CLICK HERE.
- After activation, you need to go to Settings > Blogging page to configure the settings of this plugin
- In your WordPress admin bar, you can take notice, blogging features such as post and comments will be disappeared because this feature by default disables some blogging features(Posts, Categories and Tags, Comments, Author Page, RSS feeds, pingbacks and trackbacks XML-RPCetc)
- As the setting page of the plugin divided into different tabs, here, you can Enable or Disable the features
- In the first general tab, you can enable or disable Posting, Comments, Author Page, Feeds and Related (pingbacks, trackbacks, XML-RPC)
- Now you can move to Extra Here, Screen Options, Help Tabs, Admin Greeting, Have query string version, emojis support, change admin footer to can be managed
- In Profile tab, you have to mention your personal information such as Personal Options, Name, Contact info, About Yourself
- In this tab, you can also hide the contents
- In the last tab “Menu” you can manage the admin menu outlook
- You can choose where your users are taken into the admin area when they click on the Dashboard
- You can show or hide icons, separators and move the Pages Menu on the top
- Must click on the Save Changes button
- Go to Settings > Readings to display front page as A Static page
- In the end, you must click on Save Changes button
This plugin doesn’t delete the feature from your WordPress, it just hides them and you can enable them from the admin area to use them in your WordPress blog
Hopefully, this article will help you a lot to disable Blog Features in WordPress. You can share your views in the comments.