Build A Filterable Portfolio in WordPress Site
Learn How to install Envira Plugin to create a enriched tags filterable portfolio in your wordpress site / blog
A filterable portfolio in WordPress or any other website helps you to sort the items in your WordPress Site which based on the tags. You can showcase your work which you done on your site. The filterable portfolio brings the ease to the users to reach the things which are required. This article is based on the steps which guide you to create a filterable portfolio in WordPress.
What is the Purpose of Creating Filterable Portfolio in WordPress?
Although all the web-designers are design their site in beautiful ways but the fashion designers and photographers work more to beautify their blogs. Sometimes, these photographers need to hire those people who can work to beautify the blogs.
When you add filters to your portfolio, your work will be shown under some tags which create an easy environment for the users to search the things that are required in your portfolio.
Now, take a look on the following steps to create a filterable portfolio in WordPress.
Steps to Build Filterable Portfolio in WordPress:
Here are few steps to create a filterable portfolio. You need to read these steps carefully to get the knowledge how to create a filterable portfolio.
- First of all, you need to install Envira Gallery To download this plugin for your blog or CLICK HERE. This plugin is one of the premium WordPress plugins and you should get silver plan to access the tag addon
- Go to the Settings of Envira Gallery plugin to enter your license key. You can get more information from your account on Enira Gallery SiteInstalling Tags in Envira Gallery
- Now, you can install tags addon
- Go to Envira Gallery > Addon and set the tags addon
- Click on the install button given below on the addons page. All addons will be installed
- After clicking on Activate button you can use these Addons
Activating Addons in Envira Gallery
Now, everything is ready to create your filterable portfolio in WordPress.
- Go to Envira gallery > Add New page to make your first gallery
- You can drag your photos and images or click on Select Files from Your Computer button
- When you have to select photos or file from WordPress Media, you must click on the second option that is Select Files from Other Source
- Photos and files will be uploaded to your gallery by the Envira
- After completing the process of uploading you can scroll down to see all your selected images in the gallery
Tags Gallary Settings
- If you need to edit your images you should click on pencil icon
- A pop-up will appear in which you can add tags in Envira to your photos
- You can add multiple tags that must be separated by comma
- After adding tags, you must click on the Save Metadata button to store the changes you have done
- Now click on the Tags tab given in the leftward menu. By clicking this you can enable or disable tag filtering
- When you check mark the box, tag filtering will be enabled and settings for this option will be appeared
- Here, you can configure all the display settings for example you can see the tag options above or below the gallery or you can select the tags to show
- After completing all this, now, you can click on Publish button to make your gallery live for the users
Finally, your portfolio gallery is ready for your WordPress site. You can add this portfolio gallery to your site.
Adding Portfolio Gallary in WordPress Site
Now create a post or page where you have to display this filterable portfolio.
- Open the post editor screen and click on the Add Gallery button
- A pop-up menu will appear in front of you. Here, you have select the gallery you just created and insert it into your WordPress page
- Now, update your page to save the changes you made and you can preview your website to observe the filtered portfolio gallery
I hope you learned to create a filtered portfolio gallery for your WordPress site. Share this article with your friends and colleagues. You can also share your own experience with us via comments.