Apple release iOS 10.1 with Portrait mode for iPhone 7 plus
Table of Content
- 1 Apple release iOS 10.1 with Portrait mode for iPhone 7 plus
- 1.1 How to Install iOS 10.1 Update to Your iPhone?
- 1.2 Apple Supported Devices to Install iOS 10.1
- 1.3 iOS 10.1 Update Ingredients
- 1.4 Camera for Sharper and Blurred Background Photos
- 1.5 Transit Maps
- 1.6 Improved Messages functionality
- 1.7 Improvement and Fixes in Apple Watch
- 1.8 Rest of the improvements and fixes
Apple has released iOS 10.1, an update to the iOS 10 to its users today (24/10/2016). Apple has yet made 5 beta updates to the iOS 10.1 for developers and beta testers before launching the final version. iOS 10.1 is the fourth one update because some months ago iOS 10.0.1, iOS 10.0.2, iOS 10.0.3 has already been revealed to Apple lovers.
Let’s discuss how to install iOS 10.1 update.
How to Install iOS 10.1 Update to Your iPhone?
- You can install iOS 10.1 update easily through connecting with iTunes.
- By downloading it through Settings>> General>> Software Update.
Apple Supported Devices to Install iOS 10.1
iPhone 5 all categories, iPhone 6 all categories, iPhone 7 all categories, iPad 4th generation and later models, and iPod touch 6th and the latest models.
iOS 10.1 Update Ingredients
- iOS 10.1 most appropriate and interesting change is its “Portrait Mode” and is added in the iPhone 7 Plus. Which ethically supports the dual camera functionality to make a lager or zooming the snapshots.
- As iPhone 7 Plus is equipped with an extra telephoto lens and iOS 10.1 is specially made for making a portrait with depth effects. Photos can be taken sharper than ever with multiple background blurred effects. This special and most pretty effect is called Bokeh which is actually a feature of a beta version.
- “Transit Directions for Apple Maps in Japan” has been successfully added in the 10.1 update. So a visual sign based layouts of all the underground structure, roads and the walkways bridging the large transit stations along with the transit fare comparison has been introduced.
- The recent update of iOS 10.1 is also revealed with paly, replay bubble and screen effect in the messages app.
- iCloud photos backup saving is enhanced.
- a bug of Missing Audio occurring in some messages is fixed now in iOS 10.1
Want to know more about the iOS 10.1 update, following is the almost complete changelog latest features and bug fixes:
Camera for Sharper and Blurred Background Photos
- Equipped with Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus which produces superb effects making your subject sharper with enhanced blurred background (beta)
- The names of the people in photo app can be saved to iCloud backups.
- Improved and better display of wide color gamut photos producing grid views of the Photos app
- The Camera app opening shows a blurred or flashing screen is fixed now.
- Fixes an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when turning on iCloud Photo Library
- Transit support for every major train, subway, ferry, and national bus line, as well as local bus systems for Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya
- Sign-based transit navigation including layouts of all underground structures and walkways that connect large transit stations
- Transit fare comparison when viewing alternative transit routes
Improved Messages functionality
- New option to replay bubble and full-screen effects
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could lead to contact names appearing incorrectly in Messages
- Addresses an issue where Messages could open to a white screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent the report junk option from displaying with unknown senders.
- While making videos, the missing audio issue is fixed
Improvement and Fixes in Apple Watch
Total Distance and average speed to finish a specified task is added in the activity app for outdoor wheelchair run and walk pace.
- Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing
- Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over cellular when manually disabled
- Almost facing a bug while synchronizing Apple Watch with music playlists is fixed now.
- No Data appearance while receiving an invitation, the bug has been fixed.
- The issue regarding allowing activity sharing when updating over mobile data when manually disabled is fixed.
- When creating text, the third-party applications crashing issue is solved
You also need to know about rest of the bug fixing before install iOS 10.1
Rest of the improvements and fixes
- Bluetooth connectivity with other accessories provider companies is improved.
- Improves AirPlay Mirroring performance when an iOS device wakes up from sleep mode.
- In the previous version, when the settings of Show iTunes Purchases were turned off, iTunes playback for purchased content was also not working, so it is fixed now.
- Also, a live preview with Facetime not working in iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is fixed now.
- Fixes an issue in Safari that caused web previews in tab view to not display correctly
- Safari display in tabs issue is fixed and speed performance is improved when sharing a website to messages from it is also solved.
- Showing various formats of mail messages and some other issues regarding HTML email with incorrect formatting has been fixed.
- In previous versions, the disappearance of the search field in the mail is fixed.
- Today view widget issued is fixed.
- Weather widget failing to show the updated data is fixed
- Home button click setting in iPhone 7 was not appearing sometimes in search results is been fixed now.
- Alarm sound not working in previous version issue is fixed.
For more information about this update, you can follow the Apple support link below: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
This is all about Apple release iOS 10.1, hope this will help you a lot.
Share your experience with us while installing iOS 10.1 through the comment section